Terms of Engagement
The following is a guide as to the obligation of a Nutritional Therapist and the responsibilities the client during consultation.
The Nutritional Therapist (NT) requests that the Client notes the following –
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy Programme.
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
- Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
- Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- Your Nutritional Therapist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme and may receive a commission on these products or service. These services will be charged at an additional cost to the patient.
- Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the CNHC Code of Conduct.
- This document only covers the practice of Nutritional Therapy within this consultation, and your practitioner will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary.
The Client understands and agrees to the following –
- I give permission/I do not give permission (please verify) for you to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case.
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by my nutritional This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme.
- It is important that I tell my nutritional therapist about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect the nutritional programme.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy programme/food supplement doses/time period, I should contact my nutritional therapist promptly for clarification.
- I must contact my nutritional therapist should I wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission of both me and my Nutritional Therapist.